Quests Over Coffee
A downloadable game
NOW AVAILABLE: Physical version over at The Game Crafter! Check it out: https://www.thegamecrafter.com/games/quests-over-coffee
Looking for expansions or templates? Check out the collection for all entries: Quests Over Coffee Collection!
In a land not so far away, in a town you probably don't remember, there is a coffee shop that specializes in quests and, well, coffee. They like to tout that they're the only place where you can get a cup of decent coffee and complete a set of quests (with included fame and fortune) before you finish the last drop. Will you partake in this marketing ploy thinly veiled as a call for adventure?
What is Quests Over Coffee?
Quests Over Coffee is a single player dice throwing game where you try to claim fame and fortune. With some strategy, a few items, and a little bit of luck, you can find yourself on the other side of the glory or in the pit of a grave.
The game is also a system that allows for you to create your own Quests and Items to experience. Let your imagination and experience run free!
What Components Do You Need?
- At least 10 Quest cards (10 are included in the Base set)
- At least 6 Item cards (6 are included in the Base set)
- 1x Health cube (8mm cube recommended)
- 1x Luck cube (8mm cube recommended)
- 1x Money cube (8mm cube recommended)
- 1x Shop card (included in Base set)
- 1x Player card (included in Base set -- recommended you draw on this your own profile picture and name)
- Coffee / Tea / Drink of Choice
How to Play
- Shuffle all the Quest cards you are playing with.
- Create the Quest Deck by dealing 5 Quest cards face down.
- Place the Shop card on top of the Quest Deck.
- Deal 5 Quest cards face up to create the active Quests.
Resolving a Quest
- Roll 3d6.
- If the result is equal to or less than the Fail value, the Fail event occurs. Discard the Quest card back to the box.
- If the result is equal to or higher than the Success value, the Success event occurs. Keep the Quest card for Final Scoring.
- If the result is higher than the Fail value and lower than the Success value, the Quest is abandoned. Discard the Quest card back to the box.
- If the result satisfies the Special Condition criteria, the Special Condition also occurs.
- It is possible to only satisfy the Special Condition criteria while the Fail and Success events do not occur.
There are many other exciting twists and turns and abilities you will face on your quests. Maybe you will use your Luck to try a reroll of fate! Maybe you will spend some of your hard earned Money to hire other adventurers to help you on your quest! Perhaps the only thing you need is a choice artifact at the Shop. The choice is yours!
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Quest Over Coffee: Journeys Released!64 days ago
- Happy birthday! "Anniversary" expansion released!83 days ago
- Quests Over Coffee got the "Tiberium Seller" award!Jun 13, 2023
- 1 Year Anniversary Soon!Jun 12, 2023
- December 2022 expansion coming soon!Dec 14, 2022
- November 2022 Expansion Released: Favorite EnemiesNov 26, 2022
- Minor tweak to 2-player rules!Nov 22, 2022
- Rules v2.0 Released - 2-Player Mode & CompanionsNov 14, 2022